Pi-hole® is open source, but we still need to protect the unique identity and reputation of Pi-hole (our “brand”), both as a company and a product.
This ensures that when people see the Pi-hole name or logo, they know it is something we, the Pi-hole developers, have worked on. We want to help you to make fair use of our name and logo so we have prepared some guidelines which explain which kinds of uses are acceptable.
We own the following trademarks
- The word Pi-hole®, which will be referred to as the Pi-hole word mark.
- Figure 1 (below), which will be referred to as the Pi-hole logo.
In addition–although not specifically trademarked–if you use the Pi-hole mark and the Pi-hole logo in conjunction, we prefer the word Pi-hole be written in the Ubuntu font and the word hole should be bolded as shown in Figure 2.
Collectively, these two trademarks will be referred to as the Pi-hole marks.
When can I use the Pi-hole word mark?
You may only use the Pi-hole word mark to refer to or describe our software or services.
When can I use the Pi-hole logo?
You may only use the Pi-hole logo to refer to or describe our software or services.
If you are writing a blog post, article, or making a video/podcast, you can use the logo so people know what your content is about. We definitely support you if you are presenting about Pi-hole, but you still must ensure that such use abides by the requirements and restrictions set out in this guide.
If you use the Pi-hole logo it must link to our website at https://pi-hole.net (when applicable).
When can’t I use the Pi-hole marks?
You may not:
- use the Pi-hole marks as part of your company name, company logo, or product name;
- use the Pi-hole marks in a way that creates a false impression that your product or business is endorsed, sponsored by, or associated with Pi-hole;
- manufacture, sell, or give away any items of merchandise bearing the Pi-hole marks, such as T-shirts, hats, pens, stickers, mugs etc.
- use a name or logo which is so similar to the Pi-hole marks that it may confuse or mislead people into thinking that your business, products, or services originate from, or are associated with Pi-hole;
- use the Pi-hole marks or a name or logo which is similar to them in a way that will take advantage of our brand or our reputation;
What other restrictions apply to use of the Pi-hole marks?
- Any use of the Pi-hole marks must be accompanied by the acknowledgement “Pi-hole® is a trademark of Pi-hole, LLC”.
We reserve all of our rights, including the right to take steps to stop any use of the Pi-hole marks which does not comply with the rules set out in the article or which otherwise violate, diminish, or adversely affect our rights. You acknowledge that you will stop or take down your use of the Pi-hole marks if we ask you to do so.
Visual Identity Guidelines
The default color scheme of our logo is as follows:
#F60D1A Light red
#96060C Dark red
#22B225 Dark green (left leaf shape and beginning of gradient)
#29FC2E Light green (right leaf shape and end of gradient)
Please do not:
- remove the trademark symbol
- delete or obscure elements of the logo
- reposition elements of the logo
- alter the typeface
- introduce alternative text
- skew the proportional scale