Pi-hole FTL v5.10.1, Web v5.7 and Core v5.5 released
As always, please read through the changelog before updating with
pihole -up. A new tag for docker image will arrive shortly.
Changes in the embedded dnsmasq-v2.87rc1:
- Fix crash if combining
server=/domain/#is combined with
address=/domain/184.108.40.206(issue reported by Pi-hole)
- Add all defined RR types to the table of type names used for query logging (Pi-hole provided patch)
- Allow for arbitrary CIDR in
rev-server. This allows arbitrary CIDR to be used with Pi-hole’s conditional forwarding
dnsmasqconfig (this was lost in the last release)
Further Pi-hole changes:
- Fix gravity syntax error
This was an issue on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and older Debian versions.
- Add special handling of iCloud Private Relay domains
Implement special handling of Apple iCloud Private Relay domains to prevent Apple devices from bypassing Pi-hole.
This allows you to specify that Pi-hole should respond with the device’s hostname (instead of “
pi.hole“) for local interface IP address PTR requests.
- Add response for
Only applicable when a local domain has been configured.
- Fix virtual interface address determination
This ensures appropriate addresses will be chosen for replies received on virtual interfaces.
- Handle TTL for blocked queries separately
You can now set your own
local-ttlvalue if you want to.
Note that this changes the default TTL for local hostnames from two seconds to “do not cache” (
dnsmasq’s default). If you want to avoid this, create a file like
/etc/dnsmasq.d/99-local-ttl.confand add a line like
local-ttl=60for one minute TTL on local hostnames.
- Add delete button to the Pi-hole diagnosis system
Useful to delete/acknowledge warnings on the dashboard. Warnings will be re-added when restarting the DNS resolver.
- Perform a check of required packages before updating Pi-hole
This fixes some rare edge-cases.
- Add further cache metrics
Adds a breakdown of the current cache content for inspection.