v3.2 was one of our biggest releases but many of you found bugs and issues we didn’t. We have fixed the DNS resolution is currently unavailable issue, the settings page not working on some systems, the FTL version not showing correctly, as well as many more. Just run
pihole -up to install the update and get the fixes in place. Read on for more details or checkout changes.pi-hole.net for the full changelogs.
This supplemental release:
- fixes the message “[x] DNS resolution is currently unavailable“
- fixes a cosmetic issue of the Web interface and CLI not showing the correct version of FTL
- fixes an issue of false entries, such as google.com, in
gravity.listwith certain blocklists
- fixes the installer failing on CentOS under certain conditions
- fixes the debug log not completing on non-systemd systems
- fixes queries to api.github.com every ten minutes
- fixes an issue with HTTP headers being sent after HTML causing the debug log to report a false positive
- fixes an issue where the Flush Logs button did not work
- fixes an off-by-one display of month in long term statistics
- fixes an issue of domain queries not showing the correct status due to uppercase letters
- fixes an issue where block list sources were not added to the whitelist
- and more…
In addition to the fixes for all parts of Pi-hole, the new version of
FTL enhances flexibility in regards to the long-term database. It is now possible to specify in the config file where the database should be stored (defaults to
/etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db) and how often new queries are added to the database (defaults to once per minute).
This allows to e.g. easily put the database on an external device (possibly also a network share) or to increase or lower the update frequency of the database.
Note that we already collect all new queries within a certain time interval (given e.g. one minute) and write them in one batch to the file instead of writing immediately after each query to reduce load on e.g. SD cards.
Thank you for your patience while we worked through these issues. We still have a lot of good things planned for Pi-hole, so stay tuned. And please note many of the devs will have some time away this coming week, so please be patient if you are posting issues or need help. Thanks!