Pi-hole Core/Web v5.2.2 and FTL v5.3.4 released!
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas….
No shiny new features for you this time, but fixes for bugs identified since the last version, and a few tweaks here and there. Full details below.
As ever, before running
pihole -up to update, make sure you’ve read over the release notes to ensure there’s nothing that would stop you from upgrading.
Pi-hole docker containers will be updated in due course… (before anyone asks “Where’s the Docker update??”)
Update: Just pushed the
:v5.3.4 tags for Docker. Merry Christmas!
- Update pihole-FTL man-pages #3883 (@ganto)
- piholeDebug: Fix warning if lighttpd/php are not installed #3902 (@ganto)
- piholeDebug: Diagnose output if (Web) git directory is not found #3904 (@ganto)
- Fix chronometer output if web interface is not installed #3900 (@ganto)
- Adding comma to the adlist table format #3909 (@onegreydot)
- Add fallback for arch detection on i386/x86_64 #3940 (@dschaper)
- Change color of blocked queries in dashboard piechart forward destination to red #1594 (@yubiuser)
- Switch from fontawesome webfonts to SVG + JS #1619 (@notriddle)
- Show status of retried DNS queries in query log correctly #1646 (@dnhp)
- Require auth for recentBlocked function #1650 (@aidentwoods)
- Use hash_equals when comparing to pwhash from cookie #1652 (@aidantwoods)
- Validate target domain for CNAME records #1662 (@yubiuser)
- Fix transactions in groups.php #1664 (@DL6ER)
- Prevent malformed DNS queries executing JS on querylog/long term query pages #1665 (@PromoFaux)
- Immediately resolve host names of clients and upstream destinations #996
luacdrop-in support #968
- Show BOOTP server and file strings used by TFTP in
- Improve compatibility with old (ancient) kernels
- Add more debugging output for domain reloading (on receipt of
- Implement interrupt-safe systemcalls #969
- Escape spaces by
~in domains and hostnames to fix API issues with such names #997
- Fix CNAME query blocking mode #995
- Fix crashing forks when regex structure changed #982
- Fix freeing regex pointers to free the global objects #971
- Fix possible crash in
- Update dnsmasq version to